- Get somewhere comfortable with plenty of room, and tip all your tights in front of you.
- Now you need to stick your hand inside every single pair and check for ladders, holes etc. Any that are completely ruined, put straight into a bag to put in the bin; any that just have a little hole/ladder, put aside, these can be used as cloths, filters etc.
- Optional bulletpoint here: if you have some unworn tights that you don’t think you’ll ever wear (I discovered a few pairs of patterned ones that I’m just not feeling now), put them aside to go to the charity shop or eBay.
- Right, so you should be left with a pile of good tights! Now sort them into different types, ie: opaque, sheer, patterned, colours.
- Grab some freezer bags and put the rolled up tights into these bags in their different types, you can get anything from 2 to 6 pairs into one bag depending on the thickness.
- Don’t forget to label them using a permanent marker or else you’ll be rifling through the bags looking for the right ones!
And that’s it!! This has reduced the amount of storage space I need for my tights by around 75%, and will definitely make it a lot easier for me to find the right tights when I want them. Plus transporting them home and whatnot will be so much easier, just chuck your bag of tights into the suitcase, and there you go!!