How To Organise Your Tights

DSCF4263
I’m quite impressed with myself today, because I did something I should have done a long time ago: organized my tights. You’ve probably realized I own quite a collection of tights, and up until now they were stored literally just thrown in this box, overflowing everywhere, yes literally thrown because the box was kept in the spare room on top of two piled up sofas, which requires quite some climbing to get to!! So today I decided I would get on top of this situation since I’m going home for Easter soon, then very soon we’re moving out of this flat (I’m starting to get a bit sad!), and I really need to sort everything I own out.
DSCF4261
So, I’ll give you a little run down of how I got it all sorted:
  • Get somewhere comfortable with plenty of room, and tip all your tights in front of you.
  • Now you need to stick your hand inside every single pair and check for ladders, holes etc. Any that are  completely ruined, put straight into a bag to put in the bin; any that just have a little hole/ladder, put aside, these can be used as cloths, filters etc.
  • Optional bulletpoint here: if you have some unworn tights that you don’t think you’ll ever wear (I discovered a few pairs of patterned ones that I’m just not feeling now), put them aside to go to the charity shop or eBay.
  • Right, so you should be left with a pile of good tights! Now sort them into different types, ie: opaque, sheer, patterned, colours.
  • Grab some freezer bags and put the rolled up tights into these bags in their different types, you can get anything from 2 to 6 pairs into one bag depending on the thickness.
  • Don’t forget to label them using a permanent marker or else you’ll be rifling through the bags looking for the right ones!
DSCF4262

And that’s it!! This has reduced the amount of storage space I need for my tights by around 75%, and will definitely make it a lot easier for me to find the right tights when I want them. Plus transporting them home and whatnot will be so much easier, just chuck your bag of tights into the suitcase, and there you go!!

How to organise your tights

Hope this is helpful to someone else, I felt pretty awesome after I’d done this =)
Love,

Share:
31 comments so far.

31 responses to “How To Organise Your Tights”

1. Siel says:

Such a great idea! I hate searching for a pair of tights that isn’t laddered or with holes the last minute before going out so this could really help 🙂

2. Now can you please come to my place and do mine? I’m terrible with tights – all in a huge H&M shopping bag! Actually I feel ashamed I just wrote that. X

mademoiselle-lala.com

3. SIMON T says:

Dear Sian,

I would be most obliged if you could do the same with all the clothes you store at home when you get back – all 3 rooms full of them!!

Love

Daddy

4. Susann says:

That’s such a great organizing idea! If I ever find time to do that, I’ll try to organize my drawer with tights 😉

xx, Susann
    Fashion in Pepperland

5. Callie says:

Really wonderful ideas! This would make it so much easier to find the right pair. Right now, my tights are all stuffed into a drawer and I have to go digging to find the ones I want. I might have to add this to my to-do list!

Callie

6. rach_t says:

oh my goodness, i so need to do this. Thank you! this is such a simple yet effective idea! *Must go organise my stacks and stacks of tights!!*

7. Jo says:

I had never considered grouping them together and using freezer bags, clever trick. Especially for packing. I roll mine up and arrange them in rows of colour/pattern in a drawer. My thicker, wooly tights are arranged the same way in another drawer. It’s strangely satisfying seeing organised colourful tights!

8. This is awesome! I don’t have this many tights and even I have problems storing them. They are all over my wardrobe! Maybe I should try your trick 😉 x

9. Nadiye Meral says:

Thank you for commenting on my blog!
    I love your style and your blog cheers me up a lot 🙂

10. Jenn says:

Awesome idea!! I’ll definitely have to do this once my collection of tights grows a bit more.

11. What a clever idea! I really should do this…

<3 Leney

12. I need to get organising my tights. They’re currently in a knotted mess stuffed in a draw!

13. Maya says:

This is a great idea!

14. Jan says:

Ohmy, this actually really is an amazing idea!
    Need to do something like that myself…

15. Lucy says:

good advice, thanks for sharing this! (:

snowywintermornings.blogspot.com

16. Emsipop says:

Oh this is a great idea! Mine are all over the place at the moment, I should definitely give this a go!
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.com

17. cakesandcarina says:

This will definitely help me a lot!
    Thanks for you nice comment 🙂

18. Great idea, my tights are too just thrown in a box and a complete mess.

XO,
    Erin

19. Psycho Cat says:

Really nice idea, thanks for sharing 🙂

20. Laura says:

Beautiful blog and posts! Would you like us to be friends and follow each other?
    xoxo,
    Fashionhypnotised girl

21. Ashley says:

Great idea! I wish I could stick to a system like this…there’s no way I could count on myself to put the tights back in the bags after I had worn them. I’m soooo lazy!

22. Emily Baker says:

i need to do something like this. especially before the summer time 🙂

23. Becky says:

Such a great idea! I have loads of tights too and I just shove them in the drawer. This is so inspiring!

Becky
    xx

24. Great idea! All my tights are just stuffed in a drawer. They were organised when I first put them there, but I never put them back where they belong after I’ve worn them, eek!

25. Milly says:

Stumbled across this from IFB, an amazing idea which I’ll probably do right now – my tights need a sort out! xx

26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

27. Kirsty says:

This is a brilliant idea. I’ve done it and was amazed by two things, one that I have some nice pairs of tights that I have seen for ages and two that I have some dispicable tights that have not thrown away. It has helped me with my mission

28. Tanya says:

I need to organise my tights.

the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

29. © Frankie says:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.