Vintage Lace

OOTD, outfit of the day, uk style blog, sunglasses, hair bow, vintage lace dress, wedges
I’ve been wanting to show you this dress for aaaages! It has a little back story too, which is always fun. I’m sure most of you know Lauren from Someone Like You; if not, why not?! Go say hi! Anyway, recently Lauren starting listing some of her own clothes as well as her vintage finds online for her readers to buy. I was browsing her blog one day and saw her wearing this absolutely gorgeous baby blue lace dress in a beautiful photoshoot. When I read that it was available in her store, I just had to have it. And like a week later (which was amazing considering it came all the way from the US!) it turned up. At first I was a bit wary because it looked a bit short and was definitely a bit tight over the bust. But when the weather started to look up, I just had to wear it. So I busted it out when day for work with these wedges (which I have already worn way too much!). I ended up having to go braless with it (difficult when you’re a FF cup!!) but because it was tight, it didn’t really matter. When Lauren wore it she had flowers in her hair, and I went a bit girly too with the hair bow which I always forget I own.
Hair Bow: American Apparel
Dress: Passing Whimsies (vintage)
Wedges: New Look (exact ones)
This is another of my wear-as-little-as-possible-to-escape-heat outfits. Yep, we just can’t deal with the heat here! I’m actually loving it – I can finally break out my summer clothes and actually get some wear out of them for once. But the problem is I’m in an office instead of enjoying it. Our office has been getting increasingly hotter too, to the point that yesterday they dragged some fans and the air con unit over from our other building (the ‘Broncoplex’ – where the TV, games, dart board etc. are!) to attempt to cool the office a bit. And today they filled the freezer with ice lollies. Yes, I do work in an awesome place. I’ve even had to tie up my hair the last couple of days (I know!!), so it must really be hot!
My mum, dad and sister have jetted off to New England today, and Ben and I will be going out in a week to join them, so I’m getting more and more excited. I’m trying to decide on things to take now. In my attempts to do this I’ve also managed to get a HUGE pile of clothes I want to get rid of, so there’ll probably be a new big listing of clothes in my blog sale when I get home 🙂 Literally about half of my wardrobe is going!! There are some things that just don’t get enough wear anymore and others which are (aahh I can’t say this!) too young for me!! I just don’t wear really short or tight things anymore, so there you go.
Love,

Share:
15 comments so far.

15 responses to “Vintage Lace”

1. Marlen says:

ooo what a fun back story- i love shopping bloggers clothes and their etsy’s, esp. since you see the potential in them when they wear it! i love this color on you, and i think girlying this dress out with a bow is the only way to go 😉

xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

2. Amazing dress!gutted its not high street!its so gorgeous!:)

3. Rosie W says:

Such a gorgeous dress! Loving the shoes too i might buy some! 🙂

4. Bel says:

You look sooo beautiful! Love the massive hair bow, the dress, everything! Following on GFC, can’t wait to read more!

http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

5. Sammi says:

I love Lauren’s blog, and this dress from her shop looks beauuuutiful on you! Loving the hairbow, too. You look just like a Disney princess.

xox Sammi

6. Anonymous says:

Like Sammi, I love Lauren’s blog and I absolutely adored this dress, I can’t remember how I found your blog but I have and I am so glad that you have this dress :)(I was gutted that it wasn’t my size though lol)

7. Laura Ward says:

That dress is adorable, it really flatters your figure 🙂

I’m hosting a giveaway on my blog. I hope you can have a look and enter if you like x x x

stylestack.com

stylestack.com

stylestack.com

8. Oh my gooooosh, that dress is beautiful! love love love!!

justrach.com xo

9. Purple Ivy says:

The dress is stunning Sian and you look great in it. It really did hold you well and wouldn’t have know you were bra less.

xoxo
    Ivy

10. So pretty! Looks lovely on you 🙂 x

janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

11. Such a pretty and summery dress, perfect of this weather. You literally work in the coolest office!

http://tshirtsandtea.blogspot.co.uk x

12. Jessi says:

What a gorgeous dress!! And it looks so perfectly darling with that bow. You look stunning! I love when other bloggers sell items that you loved on the blog 🙂 Isn’t that the best?
    Jessi

13. Abby says:

Wow, gorgeous dress!! I love the sunnies, too 🙂

Visiting from the linkup. If you have a sec, hope you can drop by my blog too and read my latest: http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

14. Mica says:

That is such a cute dress, it looks beautiful on you! So good you got to buy it after admiring it 🙂

Away From Blue