So that’s almost turned into a CV there! So I’ll list you some other facts about me that you probably already know, but hey ho, here goes:
1. I am ridiculously clumsy and tend to destroy something (or myself…) every day. For example, today I have broken my watch. I’ve started up an Awkward Awesome feature where I’ll occasionally list these things, but here are a few short stories from my school days for your amusement to illustrate my point: on my first day at secondary school (we started ours at 13), I had a football hit me on the head and a bucket of water tipped over me within the space of one hour. Later in my school days, I managed to get the heel of my shoe stuck in a grate while my friends walked off and left me there. The whole school then proceeded to empty itself out of the building and parade past me, including my teacher who just shook his head at me. I managed to free my foot from the grate by lifting the whole metre long thing out of the ground eventually, before stumbling backwards and getting the other heel stuck.
2. I am quite obsessed with Disney. Luckily I also have a group of friends who are too, so we have embarked on one Disney trip together, and hope to do another in future. Yes, we even dressed as Princesses and Minnie Mouse on that trip, obviously. I have also been to Disney World (Florida) with my family more times than I should admit….only because I can’t admit it because I actually can’t count how many times we’ve been.
3. Before meeting Ben, I couldn’t cook a single thing, except maybe toast. I once tried to make cheese on toast, except on a cracker, in a microwave and nearly blew it up. I now love cooking and will concoct recipes on a daily basis. This is why Ben forces me to plan recipes beforehand because sometimes they’re quite interesting to say the least.
4. Um, this is difficult. I like…fashion?! No, I don’t really, I just like clothes. I’m not into all the Fashion Week, catwalks and designer type stuff – I just like to wear nice things and not be boring with what I wear. Of course, sometimes I do wear boring things, but generally I’m overdressed for every occasion (and I like it that way thank you very much). I like pretty clothes, things like tutus, unusual heels and floaty dresses that I can spin in. (The dress above is by Jones and Jones and they are sold at Topshop here)
5. Clearly I like to write (have you seen how long this post is?!), but I am not disciplined enough to write something properly. My childhood ambition was to write a novel, and yes, I once write a ‘100 page story’ which was my pride and joy, but I would hardly call it a novel. I’m probably not good enough to do it, and I would forget half way through what the story was and go off on some major tangent, but I might still try and do it one day. Speaking of major tangents, this point was supposed to be about how I like to read a lot (check out my monthly book posts – there’s another coming tonight too), but there you go, I went off on a typical Sian tangent. Oh, and clearly I like to talk a lot too.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.