Back at the end of 2014, I wrote a year in review post looking back at the outfits that defined each month, the things I’d done and accomplished that year and what I was looking forward to in the year ahead. I loved that post and have found myself reading back over it now (Ben says I live in the past; I say, so what?!), so I thought it would be lovely to do another as 2016 draws to a close to look back on in years to come.
2016 was a tricky one in terms of outfits and fashion for me. It didn’t start too badly as I continued to wear pin up and retro themed clothing, but found that my style was outgrowing that and I didn’t want to feel like I was playing dress up all the time any more. I was much more comfortable wearing jeans and whatever I could find, so I started doing that. But then I realised I’d got myself stuck in a fashion rut and wrote about this time and time and time again! I called it my Quarter Life Crisis and chucked out half of my wardrobe as a result of it (to charity, of course!). I’m slowly replenishing it, but still haven’t quite my full personal style mojo back yet – at the time of writing (mid-December!) I’m planning a style challenge though, so we’ll see how that goes.
But outside of fashion, how has my year gone? Complete the sentence! In 2016, I…
- Passed the 8 year mark with Ben and got engaged!
- Completed my Brownie leader qualification with a First Aid course and am now a fully qualified leader of my unit.
- Got obsessed with yoga.
- Got closer to having our home exactly how we want it, including redecorating our downstairs bathroom (I know, I still need an update post on that!), buying new sofas (it’s a bit of joke among our friends how often we go through sofas now!), repainted the kitchen cupboards & hall walls, and worked on the garden.
- Got to know my colleagues a lot better, especially with our positivity days, and had lots of fun at work (nearly 4 years and still loving it!).
- Got employee of the month at work in September.
- Went to Italy with the family for my mum’s birthday in April.
- Did a mini European road trip with the family and Ben – stayed in Austria and visited Salzburg and Venice.
- Took a proper road trip around the UK with Ben – these posts are still on the go!
- Had a super last minute Peak District trip with Charley & Frankie.
- Visited Harry Potter studios with my sister (you know what, I have loads of photos from there that I never uploaded to the blog!).
- Had lots of “Book Club” meetings with Rosie, Charley & Fran (we say “Book Club” because we’re failing a bit on the book front recently!).
- Set up a new Disney blog.
- Doubled my blog following from around 5000 to more than 10,000!
- Doubled pageviews at Big Cup Little Cup so we’re now getting around 100,000 per month (it’s madness!).
- Visited my first lingerie trade show.
- Saw Blood Brothers, Dirty Dancing and Grease Singalong at the theatre.
- Read more than 50 books.
And another complete the sentence! In 2017, I…
- Will be redecorating our en suite bathroom. We’ve already picked out a new shower and got quotes for it, ready to start in January!
- Am going to Florida with half of Yorkshire!
- Will be planning my wedding!
- Going to my first wedding “fayre” (Charley insists these are the best kind ;D).
- Am doing my first Brownie camp in January (eek!).
- Would like to read another 50 books.
- Want to focus on positivity and good mental energy with yoga.
And I’m sure there will be many more things to come that I don’t even know about yet! Here’s to another year of blogging and fun!