Back in the old days of blogging, there used to be a lot of sharing. I remember when I would write posts featuring my favourite outfits that bloggers had shared and we used to comment on every single post. People talk about how things have changed since the “good old days” of blogging, and yes, things have changed, but it’s not all bad!
Anyway, one thing we used to do then was to gift each other the Liebster Blog Award – I actually had it twice, here and here! These are a fab way for bloggers to pass on the love to one another so we can get to know others. And I was super excited to see Michelle at Writing Between Pauses had tagged me in the Sunshine Blogger Award – thanks, Michelle!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring. Once nominated the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
1. What’s your favorite color & why?
I’ve always been terrible at choosing a favourite colour! Because I’ve always been quite “girly”, people often assume it would be pink, but in reality, I rarely pick anything pink. If we’re going for home interiors, grey because it goes with everything and looks super sleek. But in general? Maybe yellow – it’s a fun, happy and bright colour.
2. What’s your current favorite outfits?
My usual answer to this is the most recently bought one, and that’s the case here! I bought a pair of black skinny jeans and a Mickey Mouse T shirt at Primark at the weekend and I love them both. I’ve never found my perfect pair because I find black jeans make me look a bit…dead?! But these might just be it!
3. What’s one thing you wanted to achieve this year that you haven’t yet?
I wrote my resolutions in January and I don’t think I’ve achieved the first one at all – sewing. I wanted to do more sewing for myself and I’ve definitely let that fall to the wayside. I’ve done alterations for friends and made a couple of things for me, but I definitely want to put more me-time into sewing.
4. Speaking of that thing you wanted to achieve, what can you do today to achieve it?
Not a huge amount sadly! I guess I could do some sewing when I get home from work today, but then again, I feel like that would be putting the pressure on to do this. So I’ll just work on giving myself a break and sewing when I feel like it.
5. Are you #TeamCoffee or #TeamTea? (Or the controversial #TeamCocoa?)
I’m even more controversial – #TeamNoHotDrinks! I do drink hot chocolate occasionally, and if my friends are having a pot of tea, I’ll have one so as not to be awkward, but I prefer cold drinks all the way. Except mulled wine. Always mulled wine.
6. You’re cast out from society. What’s the one thing you’d miss the absolute most?
My initial thought was to say social media, but I realised, I probably wouldn’t hugely care about that – when I go on holiday, I tend to shut off from it completely and not want to come back when I’m home! I guess it depends how I’ve been cast out from society. If I couldn’t see my family, that is the thing I would miss most, definitely.
7. What has been your favorite summer memory?
Oh, I love summer! My favourite specific summer memory would probably be stepping off the coach at Oropos when I did my summer course at the British School at Athens. The trip was the best of my life, but we’d been staying in the city for a week at this point and, being a country girl, I was starting to feel quite claustrophobic. When I finally got some fresh mountain air, lightly fragranced with wild mint, and saw the gorgeous dappled light across the ruins scattered through the forest, I was so happy.
Mostly though my summer memories are more vague and consist of hazy, warm days in North Yorkshire. Exploring the moors with my sister when we were younger, watching frogs in the pond, having picnics at the only nearby outdoor pool (it’s a big attraction in our area!).
8. What are you looking forward to in the next 6 months?
I’m planning a trip in less than 3 weeks which I’ll (hopefully!) announce tomorrow! Aside from that, I’m looking forward to our pre-wedding photo shoot, spending Christmas with family, and more wedding planning.
9. Quick: name your 3 favorite foods.
- Prawn cocktail crisps.
- Chocolate (at this specific moment, Aldi’s version of Aero – I warn you not to try it, it’s addictive!!)
- Ben’s grandma’s homemade chips
10. Do you have a favorite Instagram account? Share it!
Like all my other favourites, I have many for the different passions in my life! So here are a just few:
- For retro style outfits and wanderlust-filled images: elanordawn
- For my Disney fix: disneystyle
- For crazy amazing yoga poses: ericatenggarayoga
- For retro and Disney combined: ohmercymegan
- For weddings with a difference: rocknrollbride
11. What’s one thing you look for in a blog you fall in love with?
The blogger’s voice and personality. While I used to mostly look for fashion blogs, I now don’t really care what kind of blog I’m reading. Sometimes I’ll find myself 10 pages deep in a mummy blog even though I don’t have children or dreaming over far flung destinations because they tell such good stories. The blog design doesn’t even need to be that great to keep me coming back. In fact, there are a few blogs that literally haven’t changed design since about 2011 that I still read. Be yourself, tell me about your life and the stories in it, and I’ll love it.
- Suzy at Suzy Turner
- Bel at Journeys Are My Diary
- Amy at Cocktails in Teacups
- Amber at Forever Amber
- Jordan at Cupcakes and Coasters
- Catia at The Petite Cat
- Abbey at Abbey Louisa Rose
- Tania at When Tania Talks
- Mandy at One Slice of Lemon
- Amanda at Rhyme and Ribbons
- Caroline at Caroline Elgey-White
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- What was your favourite movie as a child?
- Do you have any hobbies aside from blogging?
- What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
- Have you visited a Disney theme park? If so, what is your favourite attraction? If not, which would you like to visit?
- What is your favourite thing to drink?
- What is your favourite quote or daily mantra?
- What is your Instagram top tip?
- Would you prefer an everlasting summer, eternal winter, forever fall or endless spring?
- Do you have any pets? If so, what? If not, would you like any?
- What would you say is your greatest achievement?
- What is your favourite social media platform?